Wanted Peugeot 205 Si / GTi in tank fuel level sender - NOW FOUND

matara

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Anyone got a spare working fuel sender for a 205 Si / GTi Phase 2 that they could sell? It's actually for a Citroen AX GT but it is the same as the 205 Si. Here is a pic of one:-

My one has been sitting for 10-15 years and has disintergrated at the bottom.

IMG_4810.jpeg

Thanks

Steve

I should have what you need, let me get it out of the tank, I need to use a series 1 sender.

Measures 8.7ohm down to 288 empty, my sincer apologies I had prmisied this a while ago to Jared, so I will have to give him first call?

Attachments

• PXL_20240117_223147478.jpg
    PXL_20240117_223147478.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Yes, my sincere apologies I had forgotten this agreement / arrangement. Let me see If I can find another I think I can.

OK no problem Matthew, hoping you have another one. From my posts on facebook aussiefrogs and Peugeot buy sell groups I think all the scammers have come out of the woodwork, asking me to call other businesses that don't seem involved with Peugeot, even had someone trying to sell me one for $250 out of a 2012 Peugeot 205 Si.

These are such simple devices, I would be surprised if you can't repair yours. If the electrical wire is still intact, clean the rust and don't leave the fuel tank go low and stay like that too long. Inspect electricals (especially insulating blocks/whatever so you don't have the wire grounded) and the sender should work.

If the wire is broken you can measure resistance on the longest section still intact, extrapolate to 1m and jump online to find some.

Not sure this can be resurrected. The copper has disintegrated in the float thing, and the bottom of the rod where it's held in the tube is no longer there.

The tank was a mess to clean, the petrol had returned to a crude oil sludge in the bottom of the tank, and I had to use caustic soda to break it up and get the tank clean. Pump had it too, but had a spare broken pump and have swapped out the motor and rebuilt it.

sender-IMG_4838.jpg

Gee another scammer. He tried to tell me to be careful, loads of scammers, offered me a pic of his license, sent a pic of the sender, which I fed into images.google.com to do a reverse search and found the pics on an ebay uk listing!! Challenged him now radio silence....

A bit of fuel tank epoxy might hold it. They are simple as stated so go your hardest at it. Does not look too bad. I found my fuel pump had ben eaten away and the crap in the tank is varnish.

Thanks to Neil Craven who gave us a BX 16v fuel tank on the weekend I noticed that the sender was exactly the same as the one I needed. Put it in the AX today and we now have a working fuel gauge! Thanks all.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 165734.jpg

Last edited: