2021 508 GT: System updates to Touch Screen and Maps

Graydog

Fellow Frogger
Some 6 months after purchasing my 508 GT, I am still grappling with some aspects of the onboard tech features of the car. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that the 300-odd page 'one-size-fits-all' Owners Manual - where 'depending on version' is an oft-repeated phrase - is often not a very helpful source of information.
I have noticed that the Touch Screen system version is dated 2020 and that it appears that (at least) 2 subsequent updates since then have been missed - despite the fact that the car has had 2 services. (BTW, the system update info has been gleaned via the UK Peugeot website which is more comprehensive than the Aust website)
It begs the question: My next service isn't due until December, but should these updates be done by the dealer or by the owner? If the latter - has anyone done it and, if so, has the process gone smoothly? (input VIN, download any update(s) to computer, transfer to USB, plug into car)
OK, some may say "beware of paying heed to the UK website" but, given that Peugeot doesn't see fit to provide model-specific manuals, it seems incongruous that they would bother to design and instal Aust-specific system coding for our tiny market - for something as generic as the infotainment touch screen?
As for the map updates that the UK website says I can have, I'll let that go because I don't want to risk getting UK/EUR changes. Anyway, it isn't a big concern as I am usually plugged into CarPlay and use that for navigation.
Interested to hear any opinions or feedback.

At a guess, they'd probably only update the system on request or when you order new maps.