308 mysterious electrical component

Finally here is the photo of what I hope is the spare engine slave. It didn’t necessarily come out of the same version of T7. It looks like it can be opened. Can I swap a relay out of it into the one in the car? Which relay?

The battery test was fine from a load test, a start and the charging rate was good too.

Can I ask if the P0215 fault refers to the lack of BPGA activation or is relevant to the starter occasionally failing to proceed? (My BPGA still has the copper strap across it.)

So far the starter has worked perfectly since those two days when it wouldn’t play for a little while/several attempts.

Attachments

• DA84A8C4-D854-4453-91AE-9B27FF95B1A2.jpeg
    DA84A8C4-D854-4453-91AE-9B27FF95B1A2.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 21
Embarrassingly, the starter problem is resolved. Because the car had previously had two starters expire (with smoke apparently) I installed a light from the solenoid and propped it on top of the dash to check nothing strange was responsible. I have a strange arrangement with a local panel beater who takes cars to a business that carry out RWC inspections. He thought the light would be a problem for the RWC and removed it. Long story short, he must have left the nut on the solenoid loose and it had rattled loose and disappeared. I wish I’d thought to have a look at the starter before I went away.

So now I do assume that the P 0215 fault refers to the relay that is supposed to enable the BPGA heavy relay. How do I figure out which relay? Is it part of my photo above?
Thanks, Hugh

I expect the P0215 fault would relate to the engine slave / fuse box, but is it an old fault not cleared? The relays are not swappable individually unless you start cutting the assembly about to graft in an external relay. It's designed to be replaced as a whole module.