404 plastic trim clips

alpine

Fellow Frogger
Hi, has anyone found any local alternative to the original plastic trim clips please?

Basil Van Dongen occasionally has them, but I have mostly had to get mine from either France or Greece

They can be re-used if one is a) super careful and b) lucky in getting the strips off

I have a limited supply if you are just short a few

Good luck

Andrew

thanks Andrew I have a few but not enough to do all strips , existing are very brittle,
hence trying to source enough to do the whole ,
was wondering if any of the black push in clips could be trimmed to fit 404 strips?

Places which have them at the moment overseas ( it is a moveable feast - often out of stock. Have been there before myself )

Presume out of stock because there is a dwindling supply of crazed hairy old men wanting to buy them, although they are used on other Pug models ( 204 etc )

If searching the French word is Agrafe(s), sometimes also described as agrafes de baguette

English terminology varies so searching is hard , producing many blind alleys

leboncoin.fr 20 for E22.00
retropeugeot34.com. 10 for E17.90
retroachats.fr. „Agrafes de baguette ) packs of 10
west-auto-collection.com. 10 for E9.50
Série04. E1.10 each.
Vintagefrenchcarparts Also have them

Part numbers seem to vary, but the common ones are 6986.5 ( Série ) and 6991.30

Hope that this helps. It is a pain to have to wait but the French shipping is generally OK

Given the need for them and th edifficulty at times in finding them there may be a case for a group purchase to minimise impact of shipping costs, as you may not be alone.

I would certainly be up for a few. As I have another project on the go and may only just fall over the line should I get into removal of clips/chrome - always a pain, sometimes helped by judicious heating

Best Wishes

Andrew

Is this an opportunity for someone with a 3D printer?

We have just had something 3D printed for Jans spinning wheel, for me to finish off in the lathe. This all worked well, but my impression of the plastic used is that i tis not all that robust, so do wonder whether this would work

Others ( Angru I think ) are working on an altogether higher plane than me, so may have something more sensible to say in this area. It may well be possible to do it in foner and tougher plastic

Andrew