Citroen CX parts

Jazza

Tadpole
Tadpole
I hi guys,
Looking for parts for my Citroen CX to be able to get her registered (roadworthy cert and through the pits!)
She's a 1980 Pallas 2400 5 speed manual with air con
Off the top of my head I need:

Front right headlight (bulb holder too if possible)
Both rear taillights, or at least rear right.
interior fan/vent cover
Interior rear door speaker cover
Cigarette lighter
Engine belt cover
Rear visison mirror (but i can find that aftermarket)

But any good condition parts would be of help!

If you have any of these or know someone who might or where to source them, id really appreciate you sharing it!

Thanks heaps legends, let's get another of these beauties back on the road!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501-200424_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501-200424_Gallery.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20240501-200406_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501-200406_Gallery.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 29
i have some tailight parts, there are two types and while look similar, are not interchangeable, might have a headlight

Good luck Jazza, I've got some engine internal stuff such as timing chain, guides etc you may need down the track. Good luck in your quest. I ended up using OS suppliers like Tres Beau (NL), CX basis(Germany) and Chevronics (Uk) heavily for my parts recently...
The more CX's going the better!

There are early and late headlamps with the third mount at either the top or the bottom. You can remove the glass and have it re-silvered. Finding a good used on now might be a challenge. The bulb holder would be part of the headlight and it simply retains a regular H4 lamp. The CX headlamp uses a standard main reflector with it's own adaptor clipped on the front. You see the same main reflector in many other applications of the time. I may have a salvaged bulb retainer if you can't find another headlamp.
Some tail lamps you might encounter are marked 'Yorka'. I'm not sure if these came on cars or are aftermarket.
Do you have the steel lug still stuck to the windscreen for the mirror? If it's gone, that's probably why you have lost the mirror. Not somewhere in the car? I may have a suitable mirror, but am not sure about the retainer that glues to the glass.

I have headlight glasses here. the reflectors are usually no good (infact they seem to disolve sitting unused). don't be tempted to even breath on existing reflector material. it will wipe straight off. there is no doubt other parts you are after on a parts car here. none will be perfect though.

I have headlight glasses here. the reflectors are usually no good (infact they seem to disolve sitting unused). don't be tempted to even breath on existing reflector material. it will wipe straight off. there is no doubt other parts you are after on a parts car here. none will be perfect though.
Cheers. Where abouts are you located? I'm in VIC. My issue is cracked glass in the right one, my left headlight is all OK except for missing the bulb holder, I believe.

Good luck Jazza, I've got some engine internal stuff such as timing chain, guides etc you may need down the track. Good luck in your quest. I ended up using OS suppliers like Tres Beau (NL), CX basis(Germany) and Chevronics (Uk) heavily for my parts recently...
The more CX's going the better!
Thanks heaps! I appreciate it! Going to take it to a mechanic to get it checked out for roadworthy, see what he thinks it'll need.

There are early and late headlamps with the third mount at either the top or the bottom. You can remove the glass and have it re-silvered. Finding a good used on now might be a challenge. The bulb holder would be part of the headlight and it simply retains a regular H4 lamp. The CX headlamp uses a standard main reflector with it's own adaptor clipped on the front. You see the same main reflector in many other applications of the time. I may have a salvaged bulb retainer if you can't find another headlamp.
Some tail lamps you might encounter are marked 'Yorka'. I'm not sure if these came on cars or are aftermarket.
Do you have the steel lug still stuck to the windscreen for the mirror? If it's gone, that's probably why you have lost the mirror. Not somewhere in the car? I may have a suitable mirror, but am not sure about the retainer that glues to the glass.
Oh right, good to know! Righteo, I'll have to check what type of headlights mine are.
My only issue at the moment with my headlights is one crack in the right one that might not pass roadworthy and the pits.
Cheers, I'll see what I can find in terms of headlights and if I need the bulb retainer I'll make sure
Got a new windscreen.. my old one had a chunk of gladden taken out of it where the mirror had been but no mirror. But I think I've sourced a good one online!

I think the later type only came out with the plastic bumper version of the CXes but the CX25s might have them as well. They have fog lights in the cluster as well and the normal lamps.

I had someone bodge in an old taillight into my CX Turbo 2 and I had to but a used circuit board from CX Basis to get it back to OEM standard for my car.

Cheers, Ken

My only issue at the moment with my headlights is one crack in the right one that might not pass roadworthy and the pits.
So you need the glass, not the whole headlamp? They tend to fall off the housing over time.

So you need the glass, not the whole headlamp? They tend to fall off the housing over time.
Yup, but haven't considered just buying the glass as wasn't sure how to disconnect it and also presumed everyone sells the entire light. 😅

I think the later type only came out with the plastic bumper version of the CXes but the CX25s might have them as well. They have fog lights in the cluster as well and the normal lamps.

I had someone bodge in an old taillight into my CX Turbo 2 and I had to but a used circuit board from CX Basis to get it back to OEM standard for my car.

Cheers, Ken
Good to know. These are some pictures of mine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240509-165524_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240509-165524_Gallery.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20240509-165530_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240509-165530_Gallery.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 18