Solved - Wanted Peugeot 505 Front Sway Bar Bushes

con

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Need 2 of the 27mm type; they are white in colour. Peugeot part number is 5094.26

If I can't source locally will try Lewin.

con....

Last edited:
Spoke to Lewin and he said it is NLA from anywhere. Now for "Plan B"

Any clues as to what "Plan B" is?

No idea whether or not it is a good place to buy from, but these guys claim to have 1000+ in stock. Hard to tell whether they're legit though.

I’ve brought a few sets on line called teal lion on eBay. I buy most my bits off there. There blue/green. I run them in the racecar with 27mm gti front sway bar. $50 delivered from memory. I make them work.

I had the same prob recently. Surprised Lewin didn't mention getting the 26 mm ones and reaming them out, as he did with me. I did this and it worked out ok.

Thanks Simon.

He actually did but I am not able to ream them out unfortunately.

cheers
Con course sandpaper or file is how I do it. Or you can bolt them up with abit of difficulty and they squash abit but still work well.
It isn’t much only 1mm overall inside.

Con course sandpaper or file is how I do it. Or you can bolt them up with abit of difficulty and they squash abit but still work well.
It isn’t much only 1mm overall inside.
I tried a couple of things, coarse sandpaper included, but ended up having most success with a plain old half round rasp!

Thanks Simon.

He actually did but I am not able to ream them out unfortunately.

cheers
Hi Con,

the bushes that Lewin supply are rubber (not nylon), so they squash up onto the bar even if the shaping isn't perfect, probably took about 20 minutes working with each bush. I found that a half round rasp did the trick quite well... they work fine. Like you, I would much rather have sourced ones that fitted without any adjustment and mucking around needed, but there just don't seem to be any available, as Lewin said...and believe me, I looked around.

Cheers

Just put a piece of tyre tube in there. Has worked for many rallies on my 505. I have some smaller plastic ones that came from Pugwreck smaller than 26 mm though so will take some reaming out.

Trying to find the links at present, I guess they didn't wear out much so no market and no production?

My 2 cents worth (which may be all it is worth) : :confused::rolleyes:
My 505 sway bar bushes squeaked when going over speed bumps, and Lewin told me many years ago that they are the only flexibush that it is okay to put a little (rubber) grease on. This seems to imply that they are not the same as other flexibushes and that the sway bar turns inside them.

I miss that long-legged 505, especially going down my girlfriend's rather bumpy driveway on a rural property. Modern suspension is so
bloody hard !